Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Current Favorites: 2 yrs 2 months

Sweet, Funny and sometimes Wild Liam!


How I love you kiddo! You are currently in the most fun phase, but then again I think that of all you phases! I was just telling your Dadda this morning that I love that we can still only understand some of what you say, I love your chatter and how you look at us like "right?" I think I'll really miss this time, some day not too far away we'll know exactly what you mean all the time.

With that said here is a random list of things you currently love (in no particular order):

  • Letters! You know a bare minimum of 12 and by that I mean you can say them correctly and point them out at random without being asked, crazy!
  • Giving Hugs! It's the best feeling ever when you run through our house yelling "Momma Momma Momma!!!" and run up to hug my legs, you don't want to be hugged back you just want to give love....I melt!
  • Hearts! I say "I love you" and point to my eye, make a heart with my hands and touch your belly, when you want me to say it you point to me and say "eye, eye, eye!" OR if you want to tell someone you love them you often put the tips of all your fingers together! You did it the other day as we assembled your train for the first time and I about cried!
  • Counting! You aren't great at it but you are always trying to get me to count things by saying "two, two, two" it's adorable!
  • Trains! Oh a boy and his trains! I got you this massive one slightly used, it's complicated to put it together but once it's there you are in heaven! I just lay there on the floor sometimes playing with you, sometimes just watching you.
  • Walks! Especially if I don't make you hold my hand AND if I let you run through mud puddles which I should do more of!
  • Veggie Tails! You love Bob and the songs!
  • Coloring! You still just scribble and you tell me every crayon is "purple" (yes you can say it 100% correctly)
  • Popsicles! Or Pop-poos as you call them, we recently switched to Fro-Yo since you are a bit addicted, but who can blame you it's HOT!
  • Swimming! I can't even count how many times we've gone this summer and ya know what? I think we'll go again this weekend! I love that you love the water!
  • Sleep! You still nap 2-3 hours during the day and sleep 11-13 hours at night (13 on the weekends), your like a tiny teenager and I'm ok with it! Momma loves sleep too!
  • Cows! Anytime we see a cow (such as the cartoon one near the milk at the grocery store) you say "Momma!! MOO!!" We took you to the fair this weekend and we saw huge real cows up close, you were so excited! It was adorable!
Overall you are a pretty normal little boy, you might be a little smaller and a bit shy but that is what makes you Liam and I don't ever want you to be anyone else my sweet boy! There are so many things and people you love, I so enjoy watching you develop into the boy/guy/man/person you will become. There has been no greater joy in my life, no greater blessing than being your Momma! I will say it over and over until I can no longer speak, I love you and I have loved every moment (even the really frustrating ones) of being your Momma!!!

-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment