Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Scooter

My Dearest Liam,

Or perhaps I should call you Scooter!  You are such a fun boy, I want you to know that!  You have the funniest laugh, you clearly know how to get a chuckle out of your Dadda and me.  Lately you've been working on crawling, you will turn only leg behind you and you'll kind of bounce in a forward motion, trying your hardest to get to the toy we've placed just out of reach.  Often times you will simply opt for a different toy that is near you but off to one side since you are a pro turner now, sometimes you even chuckle as if to says "hehe, I got a toy with less work!"  Last night something clicked for you tho, you had both legs in front of you and some puff treats in front of you and you figured out if you bent both legs and dug in with your heels then pulled you could get at those puffs, oh it was a sight when you got them!  You seemed to savor each puff too, it was rather funny!  You let out a excited little noise, it was adorable!!  We spent another hour (at least) placing things just out of your reach so you would scoot around the living room, practice makes perfect!  I'm so happy for you, I know you long to be mobile...but I must admit there is a little part of me that is sad, you are growing up seemingly at warp-speeds, I have loved every stage and each part of our journey...it just feels like it's going a bit too fast these days.

I love you Liam so very much, there is nothing in the world like being your Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment