Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Baby's First Buzz Cut

My Sweet {Now Somewhat Bald} Liam,

I knew the day would come, although I didn't think it would be this soon, that your dad buzzed your hair.  You got your first haircut a mere 5 months ago, your second 2 months ago....and you were already a shaggy mess.  If we continued this trend we'd be spending around $100/year on haircuts (plus tips).  We love Auntie Heather who cuts your hair however we're also saving to buy our first house.....

So Sunday after a great afternoon walk at the Fort and a short drive (to look at houses) Dadda suggested we attempt the first "home hair cut" with his clippers.  Dadda has been doing his own hair this way for 20 years so I wasn't worried about his ability, only about your curls.  You did SO well, I think you kind of enjoyed it really!  We certainly choose the wrong setting because your hair is SO short!  Some people say you look 5, I think you look like you enlisted in the military! (Which if you choose to do so when you are older that is fine.)

I hate to say this but I doubt we'll go back to Auntie Heather except maybe once a year, let's face it if you like home haircuts why not?

I love you sweet boy!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment