Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Little Boy

My Sweet and Funny Liam,

I want to remember this: Last night as I drove out to Nanna Annette's I was imagining you as you grow up.  (Not that I haven't done this before but now that we are on the path to owning our own home the future is easier to imagine.)  Anyway it was such a pretty fall day (no snow yet which is odd) I was daydreaming a little as I drove and for some reason I started thinking about if you will want a pet of your own someday like a lizard.  I wondered how your dad and I would handle it and if we'd let you have one (we probably will if you ask).  Then I imagined you standing in your room, about eight or so years old and I could hear you asking me and I could see you telling me where it could live in your room and how you'd take care of it.  It was the nicest little day dream and it suddenly occurred to me that you won't be this tiny little boy forever.  I know that seems silly but I just so enjoy the strange you are currently at that it sort of didn't dawn on me that you will be eight some day and may want a lizard.  I just laughed.

Then we got home, I let you play in the livingroom while I prepared dinner, you were extra chatty and just looking at books.  I went to peak in on you and you had picked up a toy car and were wondering around chatting with yourself and I just smiled, you are such a little boy!  You love trucks and making noise and I can so see the boy you will become.  You are going to fill our lives with so much joy, so much more than you already do.

Maybe I'm extra sappy lately, you'll probably think I'm silly for even wanting to remember these simple things but I just love you....I love being your mom.  You are absolutely the best thing that has ever happened to me and I cherish every moment with you.

I love you Liam, so very much!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment