Monday, November 28, 2011

November

Hi Sweet Liam,

As your first November comes to a close my heart swells with joy as we approach your first December!  November was so fun and oh so busy; it saw you roll from back to belly for the first time and have your first [semi] solid meal of rice cereal, you also saw your first snowfall and had your first Thanksgiving AND had a sleep over at G'ma and G'pa's house!  The time it is a flyin'!

I so enjoy feeding you, you knew right away what this spoon business was all about, you took your first "bite" and there has been no turning back!  In fact after just a week of rice cereal I think you are ready for some veggies so I'll attempt to make your first batch of baby food tonight!  I'm betting you'll enjoy just about anything! 

You are growing like mad, in just two weeks you will be six months old and I bet it will be just about then that we'll need to pull out your 6-12mo clothing!  I can hardly believe this day has come!  I remember buying you those clothes while still pregnant and feeling like that day was so far away!  I can hardly believe I've been so blessed as to hold you in my arms and love on you for the last [almost] 6 months!  Your six month appointment is just about two weeks away and I can't wait to see how much you weigh (but truth be told I'd rather skip the shots, those are never fun for either of us!)

Back to rolling over from back to belly, you did it that one time [at home in front of both Dadda and I] and haven't fully since.  Not that I care too much I think it's so funny when you get all twisted on your side and stay there.  It doesn't seem to bother you at all, you can look at whatever you desire (mostly the tv or dog lately...I'm constantly moving you from looking at the tv).  You are so great at tummy-time, you can easily hold your big head up and look around, you recently started pulling your knees under your body (while digging your face into the blanet), I wonder if you will crawl soon, I'm not sure.  You tolerate your stationary jumper in small doses as long as you have something to put in your mouth, boy are you a drooler!  I thought for sure you'd have teeth by now but I'm happy to report none have made an appearance.

You don't have a favorite toy, you seem to prefer your Dadda or I making faces, talking and/or walking with you which is fine by us!  You'll chew on any toy but stuffed animals just aren't your thing.  You love books and really enjoy being read to which fills my heart with joy!  You do love lights though, any old light will do, even the ones in our bathroom!  It's so funny to watch your little head turn to check them out!  This morning when I dropped you off with Nanna she had her tree up but bare aside from some white lights (not even the twinkle kind) and you were in love!  You stared and stared!  Maybe Dadda completely and I will get one last real tree just to watch your love on them this winter.  (Next year probably brings a fake tree to our home).

These last six months have been the best of my life, you fill my heart and our home with so much joy!  I can't imagine loving you more but then a new day starts and I find myself so much more in love with you!  This is the most important thing I'll ever do, being your Momma and loving you!
-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment