Monday, August 13, 2012

14 Month Stats

Hello Sweet Liam,

Well unfortunately I had to take you to the doctor last week, you just weren't yourself.  You wouldn't eat (that never happens) and were sleeping a ton, when Nanna called to say you were "a limp noodle who just wanted to cuddle" I called your doctor's office and they had me bring you in.

Nanna was right, we had an hour from when I left work to get you and your appointment and all you did was sit on my lap.  We sat in your rocking chair in the cool and dark of you room and just snuggled, poor little guy I could tell you had a fever.

At Dr. H's office your temp was 102. Sad.  Even Dr H's nurse sad "this is not Liam at all" as you had a continual dialog of a low whine.  It was as if you were telling anyone who would listen "I don't feel good."  She weighed you (21.2lbs) and measured you (29 inches). Then we waited for Dr. H.

I think you've begun to associate Dr H with shots (even though his nurses administer them) because you are never really excited to see  him.  Dr H examined you, in yoru right ear there was apparently too much wax so he pulled out a small purple plastic stick with a loop on the end.  He assured me it wouldn't hurt you but feel very strange.  I think you would disagree you cried and cried.....and peed through your diaper and all over me.  No big deal, you weren't feeling well, it's only a shirt and it can be washed.  Dr. H gave us a clean diaper, said you had  a ear infection and prescribed amoxicilin two times a day for ten days.  He even pointed out that one of your teeth is popped through and the other should be through by the end of the ten days, yay!

I took you home to snuggle, called Dadda to pick up some things from the grocery story and your meds.  Today we are half way through and you are already doing great.  (Last night I was laying in the recliner not feeling well and you were playing on the floor, you kept getting up and hugging my feet over and over, you are certainly my Sweet Liam.)

Last night you spent the night at Grandma's as I was pretty sick.  I am sure you are having a great day, you love G'ma and G'pa and they love you lots!

Love you to the moon and back,
Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment