Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Not a Baby, Not yet a Toddler

Sweet Liam,

I miss calling you "Baby Liam".  It's true you are no longer a baby, but you're not yet a toddler either.  You're kinda in this funny stage, you love your independence but you are still a little clingy.  Sometimes you will do anything to escape from someone holding you especially if there are toys, other children or any kind of water near (you looooove water)!  Other times you want nothing more than your Momma, I can't leave the room with out wails and big tears coming from my little guy (even if I only leave for a second).  Teething may be part of this strange stage you are in, I can't imagine what it feels like to be getting your top two front teeth at the same time, ouchy. 

You're not a toddler yet because you still don't walk unassisted.  This is fine by me, normal age for walking is 15-18 months, you have plenty of time.  You've shown interest, you love to walk holding our fingers or with your dino toy.  It has to be one of the funniest things to watch you walking as fast as you can behind that dino, you let our a little scream of joy, I can't help but laugh each time!  It's walking solo that you have no interest in.  I'm sure you will be that kiddo that figures it out in a blink of an eye and goes straight from taking steps to running!  I look forward to those days but refuse to wish away the ones I'm currently given. 

These days are short and fleeting, I do all I can to cherish each moment I have with you.  One thing I especially cherish right now is the clingy moments.  I might be a bit looney tunes, haha!  Sure sometimes it's a bit frustrating when I just need to go pee and you start to wail but I always remind myself that these moments won't last.  It's actually kinda sweet that you just want that much of my time and attention.  I honestly don't mind.  When you get really worked up or frustrated I've learned that you love nothing more than for me to scoop you up, go in your room and sit with you in the rocker and read you a book or two (especially if it's a texture book!).  You sit quietly while I read you whatever I have on hand (Little Quack is my favorite, you seem to have no preference).  These brief moments, whether in the morning before work or in the evening after dinner, are so precious to me, so much more precious than you will ever know.  If only I could bottle them up and save them for the day you are a pre-teen and ask me to drop you off three blocks from school......

I love you Liam!
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment