Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Feeding You

I'm not sure how you will feel about this later but I want you to know you were breastfed. I worked hard, and I'm still working hard to provide you with this...gift?  I don't think it's really a gift but a right, since I am able you deserve it.  There is nothing wrong with formula feeding your child but I promised myself I'd try to breastfeed you and if I was able I'd do it as long as I could.

It's a nice having that time with you.  Your dad gives you the first feeding of the night so I can get some extra sleep, thankfully we've been able to give you mostly stored breast milk that I've pumped while at work (this is also what you eat while at A's during the days I work).  During the night I get up with you, I change you and feed you.  You snuggle close to me and eat and it's really rewarding to me.  I let you eat as long as you want but always try to make sure you eat for at least 10-15 minutes so you'll sleep for a few hours until your next feeding. 

Some women seem to think they are super hero's because they breastfed their babies, I do not.  I'm just your mom, doing what I believe is best for you.  Breastfeeding isn't easy for all women, and it's not easy for me but I've decided to work at it and do it as long as I can.  I want you to know I've put significant effort forth for you on this because it is what I believe is whats best.  I'm always working to do what is best for you, even when it's hard or you don't like it...like being burped, you really don't like that.  :)

I love you Liam, I always will!
-Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment