Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Momma has to work....

Hello My Love,

Today I returned to work, in fact I'm still there, thankfully my day here is about to end so I can rush to you and scoop you up in my arms and shower you in kisses!

I wish I didn't have to work, at least not full time anyway.  Years before your Dadda and I starting trying for you we decided to stay in our town so when you did arrive we could raise you around Dadda's family.  This was no small decision because earning a living here is not as easy as it would be elsewhere even with a college education.  The quality of life here is good, we love the outdoors; hiking, camping and all of that.  It is a beautiful place, you will come to know that.  And I wouldn't trade raising you surrounded by family for anything but it was (and is) a sacrifice.

So I have to spend my days away from you.  Today I drove the few miles to drop you off with A who watches you.  I cried trying to talk to you during the drive, then cried as I handed you off to her and cried as I drove away.  We are so blessed to have A watch you, she is a sweet woman who will love you like her own grandchild but it's still hard on Momma nonetheless.  I'm lucky to enjoy my coworkers despite not loving my job, this has made the day move quickly.  That and A has sent me several text messages letting me know you are enjoying your day.  I can't wait to hold you and kiss on you, Dadda may have to make us dinner so I can get in lots of snuggles tonight!

I hope you know I never wanted to spend this time away from  you but I did it because it was best for you.  Because I work we have great health insurance, we are able to save to have family vacations and some of this money will be set aside so we can help you with college (I'd really like it if you went to college!).  I love you and I hate this time apart but I wouldn't do it if it weren't for your best interest, please always know that.

Love Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment